We handle complaints against businesses inside and outside of Boston, and try to resolve complaints before they end up in court. If you do take legal action, we can tell you about different services to help you resolve your issue. In some cases, we may even be able to act as a mediator. Please note we do not provide legal advice. Find out more about our work.
HAVE A COMPLAINT?
You have rights as a consumer. If you feel those rights have been violated, we can help. Please call us at 617-635-3834 if:
- you feel a business was unfair to you and you couldn’t resolve the issue
- you want to know how to get a business to respond to you, or
- you want help, more information, or copies of our educational pamphlets.
- Meet some of our consumer advocates at our informational table for National Consumer Protection Week! Our advocates will be at the City Hall Lobby on Tuesday, March 8, and Thursday, March 10 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Protect yourself against COVID-19 vaccine scams.
- Consumer Affairs Speakers: Looking for someone to speak on consumer topics such as landlord and tenant disputes, home improvement contractors, scams, and more. Please contact the Consumer Affairs office at 617-635-3834 or email MOCAL@boston.gov.
1 City Hall Square
Room 809Boston, MA 02201
Office hoursMonday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Consumer Affairs Speakers
Looking for someone to speak on consumer topics such as landlord and tenant disputes, home improvement contractors, scams, and more. Please contact the Consumer Affairs office at 617-635-3834 or email MOCAL@boston.gov.
Contact the Entertainment Licensing Division for help on entertainment or special events permitting.